Here is some food for thought: If we could compress the earth's population to a village of just 100 people, Village 100, with all the existing human rations remaining the same, it would look something like the following:
There would be:
· 57 Asians / 21 Europeans / 8 African
· 52 would be female / 48 would be male
· 70 would be non-white / 30 would be white
· 70 would be non-Christian / 30 would be
· 89 would be heterosexual / 11 would be homosexual
· 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6 would be from the USA
· 80 would live in substandard housing
· 70 would be unable to read
· 50 would suffer from malnutrition
· 1 would be near death
· 1 would be near birth
· 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
· 1 would own a computer.
taken from the ACHR site...link here.
an "a to z" of thoughts, conversations, remarks, observations,musings about
auroville, bhutan, cricket, delhi, english, freedom, gurgaonwa, holy cows, india, journeys, kitsch, laughter, money, nepal, outsourcing, poetry, quotes, roorkee, sufism, troublemakers, urbanisation, virtue, war, x-rated stuff, yarns and zen.